Items in the Hutchins Archives and Heritage Collection have been accumulated and preserved since the death in 1841 of Archdeacon William Hutchins, in whose memory the School was founded.
The Collection comprises documents, photographs, books and magazines, honour boards and trophies, uniforms and textiles, coins and medals, artworks, furniture and memorabilia, as well as an extensive collection of audio-visual materials. The items relate to the history of the School as an educational institution for boys and its place in the history of Tasmania, as well as to education in general and to individual students and staff members in particular.
71 Nelson Road
Sandy Bay Tasmania 7005
(03) 6221 4312
Hours of Operation
Guided tours of the School and Gallery available by prior appointment.
Member for 2 years 17 weeks