Toowoomba Grammar School

Member Information

Toowoomba Grammar School was founded in 1875 as a consequence of the Queensland Colonial Government’s Grammar Schools’ Act of 1860. This required subscriptions in conjunction with a government subsidy and the efforts of local citizens of vision, principally the graziers and farming families of the Darling Downs, and the professional and business people of Toowoomba. The original School building was completed in 1876, and the first boys attended on February 1, 1877.

Location

24 Margaret Street
Toowoomba, QLD

Website
http://www.twgs.qld.edu.au

Phone Number
07 4687 2500

History
Member for 2 years 18 weeks